10 Things to Know and Do for Success with COBRA
April 22, 2021 - April 22, 2021
12:00 PM MDT - 1:00 PM MDT
Add to Calendar
You have been invited to a very special presentation sponsored by the Front Range Association of Health Underwriters
Date: April 22, 2021
Time: 12:00pm Mountain Time
“10 Things to Know and Do for Success with COBRA”
Most employers with at least 20 employees are subject to federal COBRA, which requires an offer of continuation coverage to employees who lose coverage as a result of a Qualifying Event. While the COBRA concept appears simple on the surface, a variety of underlying nuances and complexities must be understood in order to help employers successfully apply its rules and avoid significant monetary penalties. This presentation simplifies some of the most confusing COBRA rules and brings new clarity to the application of this important law.
- Which employers and plans are subject to COBRA?
- What is a COBRA Qualifying Event?
- Second Qualifying Events and disability extensions
- When does COBRA’s “gross misconduct” exception apply?
- Best practices for handling FMLA and non-FMLA leaves of absence
- Best practices for severance agreements that include continued coverage
- What are the two most important COBRA notices? How and when should they be distributed?
- Big mistakes to avoid and ways to protect your practice
Derek Ashton, CEBS
Medcom Benefit Solutions – Jacksonville, FL
Known for his down-to-earth explanations, candor, and ability to simplify complex material, Derek will inform and entertain while delivering the critical content that is needed for success with COBRA.